Data theft is on the rise and redundant IT equipment is a rich hunting ground for those looking to steal damaging information. With SE Recycling, you can be certain that all your data is erased and can never be accessed again. We will ensure that sensitive information from your recycled laptops, computers and IT equipment is securely and safely destroyed to the highest level, compliant with industry standards.
When you hand your equipment over to us we will:
- Destroy all ICT equipment in a secure environment accessed only by authorised staff
- Use the latest CESG approved software so all data is securely wiped and irretrievably erased
- Deliver a certificate of data destruction at the end of each project confirming details of all items processed; serial numbers and host assets can be provided on request
The methods we employ are:
- Hard Drive Shredding: where drives are physically cut into small pieces
- Data Sanitisation: using the latest CESG approved software to permanently and irreversibly remove data stored on a memory device
- Degaussing: the process of exposing media devices to a powerful magnetic field
- Punching: a quick and easy way to destroy the hard drive by punching a hole through it
We will choose the option that is most suitable and provides the best value for your business.
When the data is gone, it’s gone forever. you can be assured that your digital media is in safe hands.
How can you be sure that your data is totally secure? When redundant equipment leaves your offices, can you be certain where it will end up? It’s not just your own security that you need to worry about. The loss of personal data is in breach of the Data Protection Act and can lead to big fines.
At SE Recycling we understand the fears of our customers, particularly at a time when sensitive or personal information is a premium target for thieves.
We go beyond standard procedures to guarantee the safety of your data before it is fully erased. For example, we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s officer (ICO).
Data thieves are constantly evolving and so are we, we regularly review and follow the guidelines provided by the ICO to enhance our staff knowledge. Everyone is trained to be diligent in seeking out all media and destroying any data in compliance with ISO 27001 standards.
You can also be sure that equipment and software waiting to be erased will not be stolen. Our Authorised Approved Treatment Facility is fitted with 24 hour CCTV and all devices awaiting sanitisation are stored in a restricted secured cage area, which can only be accessed by authorised staff with the appropriate password.
Learn how we destroy your data here.